View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GingerM

I feel so lonely and incomplete
It may be helpful to you to remind yourself that you ARE incomplete, but that no one aside from yourself can complete you. No one else knows what's inside your head, and even if you describe it to them, they still won't have a complete picture because they will understand what you're saying based on their own experiences (it's taken my husband years to realize that he will never fully comprehend my family - he may understand them well enough to predict their behavior, but he can't truly understand them).

When you can complete yourself, you'll find that you make very good company.

When I first started recovery ('97??) someone once innocently asked me "If you met yourself at a party, would you like yourself?" My answer then was an emphatic No. Now? Now I think I'd get along quite nicely with myself. After that question was asked, I started digging a little deeper into *why* I wouldn't like myself and working on those things that would make me not want to associate with myself.

So working on you gains the net result that you won't feel lonely because you'll have yourself for pleasant company, and also you won't feel incomplete because you will be completing those aspects of yourself that make you unhappy with yourself.

Glad to hear you're going to see your doc. Meds at the wrong levels, in my experience, can often be worse than no meds at all.