Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Hound, if are back on Fri, I will watch for any word from you on how the "inventory" at home is going. I know you are putting in a lot of effort to come to the right decisions. Every little moment when you achieve something constructive that you did for yourself adds up. I think it's great that you want to give yourself some more space in your head AND your surroundings so you can exercise some creativity. You deserve the comforts of home, and I believe you just need encouragement to tell you that you can keep taking your steps the way you know how to take them. It was still basically a disaster (by my own recognition and in my own words) at my home for almost 2 months after I quit drinking. I found the courage to change that eventually, and I literally smile when I go into the rooms now. (Not every time, but you know, the difference just amazes me sometimes.)

If I don't get to you soon enough, I am confident someone will chime in. You made a lot of friends when you started these specific threads that help us.