View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Robbie46

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
Robbie, my mother, who never abused a substance in her life, would become physically dependent upon opiates if she took them every day. I do agree with least & Dee that you should see a (different) doctor if you continue to have the symptoms that first sent you back to him, though if you're otherwise healthy, opiate detox, as miserable as it is, usually isn't dangerous. The most important thing is to keep hydrated -- as you've experienced, detox has a dehydrating effect on the body.

Advil or tylenol for the aches & pains, an antidiarrheal for the runs, hot baths, warm p.j.s, bland food and rest. That's not medical advice -- just experience. Too much experience.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Many thanks,
well as far as taking anything for the runs etc Im not going to put another thing in me unless its tea. as for warm pajamas its 40c here and you can fry an egg on the bonnet of your car :o) I will soak in a bath before bed tonite tho but to be honest the thought of going to bed terrifies me which cant be helping. I will keep my fluids up as you say and will try to relax I never even thought that this was the reason I was starting to go south, I honestly can sympathise with you people that hooked on this crap, I didnt even consider that these pills would do anything except alleviate the pain, even in small doses they were systematically pulling my life to pieces bit by bit.

I think Im on the mend and being a single fella I have no one to speak about this too at home so you have been a help already, I wouldnt dare mention any of this at the office.

I cant believe that anyone can seek these pills out for recreation it just beggers belief. I will see another doctor if things dont improve in a few days.