Thread: Detox
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AceDace

Well the problem I have when I give up drinking totally is I get convulsions, to the point where I wake up every five minutes. My head just jerks totally. I have even stopped worrying about it, it happens so often.

I have read advice on this site and others, and went to the doctors last month. I explained my problem, and said I was on a low income and every few often times ran out of money was genuinely scared about DTs and all. I said I wanted to give up and would like to have a prescription of benzodiazepans to help.

He absloutely refused, saying alcoholics use them to help them drink. I live in the UK by the way. He just offered anti-deppresants. I even said fair enough, prescribe me them once, and obviously if I abuse them you can obviously not give me any more if I ask for them. But no luck.

And I know I can do it, I went 6 months off last year after drinking an average of 6 litres of ciders a day for five years Sorry for the long post, just feel kind of angry. I'll just have to try to weane myself off