View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Insulated

I didn't have kids with my D-ABF, and by the end, he'd either destroyed everything I owned, or I'd given it to my grown children in an act of preservation. But, I will tell you that I had a set of car keys to MY car, in MY name, cut and kept off premises. I also had two bags. One in the trunk, and one hidden on premises. It contained copies of important documents, money (and I had to scrape pennies, nickels, dollars, even at coinstar while he was out to make this happen) and a set of clothes. I also had a gas card loaded at CVS to I would have gas money and not only a name of a motel, but a place to disappear to that he never would know about, in another town. With kids, it's tricky, but it can be done. When I was married to my childrens father, and I was with him 15 years, divorced him after 17, he used to beat the crap out of me. I little by little, made my way up that corporate ladder and my plan was foiled because like an idiot, I'd waited too long and my worst fear came to fruition. He put his hands on one of my kids. He beat me, my kids, and I wound up jumping out of a two story window to a pay phone to call the police. The police instructed me to stay in a bush until I saw the squad car and they had him apprehended. I was in a panic because I'd left my children in the house. (moral of story, always live on ground floor). They did apprehend him, face down on the asphalt, boot in back, hand and ankle cuffs, IN FRONT of my children. I regret that they had to see their father in that state, but it's what happens when we don't act quickly to a plan. i hope you get motivated. You can and will do this.