View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sofacat
work in progress

Now Dad's not speaking to me because I have no compassion for my sister

I am so sorry that as a daughter, our father has become a victim of your sisters addiction too.

It must be difficult for you to have your father behaving toward you this way. You are with people who understand you here, and we support the decision to detach from her...your father sounds like he has a long road ahead of him. Maybe you two can have a father daughter bonding night and go to a meeting together and a milkshake afterward?

It may be difficult for you to distinguish your father from the codependent...not to take his actions personally. He is panicking, and feels it is his duty to "save his daughter"...unfortunately he's taking it out on his other daughter "you" and your relationship is now suffering because of her addiction. And seems to be putting you in detective mode.

Try not to get caught up in any of the drama...you're doing great holding your ground, even if the weight of your family is pushing on you.

There's a reason everyone says it's a family disease. We all get sick from it, until we get sick of it.

Hang in there.