View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
exsister

Anyone familiar with Soma?

Hi all. I posted before about my addict sister and my dad, and detaching from them both as he seems as deluded as she is. We've been fighting all weekend about my picking up my sisters kids and bringing them to my home so she can visit them (they live with her ex in the same county as my husband and I). Sis lost her license, so my Dad feels that the visitation is closer and easier at my home, even though I've put my foot down about having her here. I've told my father that I'm done with her and her nonsense, but he continues to say I'm heartless, and hurting my nieces by not facilitating their visitation.

Anyway, my sister loves to visit doctors. I'm sure she's not the only one. This week she has a terrible back ache, and the doctors prescribed Soma. Anyone familiar with this drug? My dad claims its a muscle relaxer. My father insists she's clean and has been for six months, that her back is really bothering her, and she needs some relief from this current ailment. This year alone she's been prescribed (spellings may be incorrect) fioricet, prozac, klonopin and several other drugs for migraines, depression, prednisolone, ambien. Again, this is only this year, and by that I mean 2010. So much for being clean for six months.

I've stood my ground, and told them that she can't come here. Now Dad's not speaking to me because I have no compassion for my sister, who is trying so hard but her health is so compromised that she needs these drugs to function without pain.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of Soma, and if he could be correct in that she's not taking it to get high.