Old 02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Nyte Byrd

Originally Posted by DRI View Post
I came here to get some information and opinions, because I don’t know anyone in ‘real life’ that I could ask. I was just curious to know if there were any stories out there of ‘former’ alcoholics who ever returned to ‘normal’ drinking, even it was just a glass of wine with dinner on occasion.
And that's the only reason why AA was suggested. To meet 'real' people who you could meet with to discuss such to get better clarified answers with no confusion that can occur on forum boards.

When I mentioned that reading about drinking had made me think about it a lot more, and when I questioned whether AA meetings would be a benefit to me, I certainly did not mean to imply that AA meetings would cause someone to start to drink again. If meetings work for certain people, then I would never even dream of trying to discourage someone from attending them. If anyone thought otherwise, then perhaps I was not clear, or perhaps they misunderstood what I wrote. Of course I know that AA meeting don’t cause people to drink,...
I don't think anyone thought you implied that at all, so don't worry.

Having said that, I must also say that I appreciate all of the genuine replies and advice that some people have given me, but I also have received, not surprisingly, a few replies that have a not so friendly vibe, and have been slightly condescending. But again, I suppose I can expect replies like that given the type of forum that this is, and given the nature of my question.
I am not sure where you sensed condescending replies, but I only read honest, straight forward responses to what you shared. Some times the truth can seem that way though. I can assure you, anyone who replied to you had your best interest in mind.

I suppose that I have received all the replies on this subject that I need, and I will not be posting in this thread again. I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to everyone who took the time to reply to me, and I wish the very best to you all.

Take care.
Thanks and back at ya!