View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Teggie

Oh I can so relate! Mine has been kicked out for over a month. He acts like he's helpless, couch surfing his scuzzy friends, holed up in the shop out back bemoaning that we have abandoned him, sending texts wanting food, coffee & cigarettes. Expecting others to take care of him.

He actually sent a text the other day wondering why, when he has his meds "regulated" for his chronic pain what bad behaviour is he exhibiting & how dumbfounded he is of my treatment of him.

He's only "regulated" because he has no other option to binge. He's not going to rehab & he's not working a rehab.

I shot him one back describing exactly to the detail what he was doing the last time he got totally stoned, about how he only works enough to pay for his meds and leaves the rest of it undone or up to me & how I was done dealing with his "nonexistant" problem.

I felt bad after I did that, it was beneath me and not positive in my recovery so I sent another stating I didn't hate him, I hoped he got better and that I was doing what I had to to protect the kids and myself and left it at that.

It's hard to see a grown man acting helpless.

Hugs,
Teggie