View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bval

Welcome to the boards. Congrats on tapering from 240mg down to 45mg, and then quitting and making it to day 5! That's awesome, awesome stuff, NOT easy to do, and I, for one, am really impressed by what you just accomplished

My best advice? Get to some meetings of recovering addicts. NA or AA, whichever is handy, are both good choices. Although the drug is different, addiction is the same. You can learn a lot from people in both places. And LOTS of people at AA had drug problems too, trust me. Just because you were getting them from a doctor doesn't mean that you're in a different boat than the rest of us addicts. Your body and brain don't care where the dope came from, the recovery process is the same.

AFA the w/d's goes, I'd say by 7 days you should be feeling significantly better about 80% of the time. There's certain symptoms that 'hang around' like the insomnia and 'the runs', and the fatigue ... but for the most part its about a week off of oxys before you really get over a 'hump' and start to feel significantly better. Like I said, it won't be 'every second of the day', but ... most of the time. It probably take about 3-4 weeks total before you'll really be able to say you feel like you did before you ever started taking them.

IOW, keep up the good work, I promise you you're almost at the point of feeling MUCH better. There will be a moment here coming up very soon where it's gonna be like the most beautiful sunrise you've ever seen, and you'll breath a huge sigh of relief and be like 'Wow ... I finally feel ... okay! Hooray!' ... It does happen pretty suddenly and noticeably, too, so that's pretty cool.