Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bugsquawsher

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Nice to meet you bug. I'll just say up front, this is a forum for 'friends and family of alcoholics.' You may get more helpful responses over in the alcoholics forum.

Having said that, I'd like to ask you a question. Is quitting drinking an option for you? Or is that out of the question?

L
Thats just it. I don't have a Physical need to drink. Going with out doesn't send me into DT's or anything.
I know anything I say as to why I do drink is considered "just and excuse"
I just thought it could be of some help to hear Both sides of the story. Like one post on here refered to me as a sick Man. I'm not sick. Just extremely unhappy.
To say she makes me drink is Wrong. But I sure don't get any "excuses" to quit.
I went a week with out month or so ago. I know Big deal right. But I had to ask her if she even noticed. And she admitted that she didn't.
I'm expected to make Immediate and permanent changes, But don't really get rewarded for my efforts. If you are treated the same either way, whats the incentive to change? This is Not a Bashing in any way. Its just my side of the story.
If there is ever a place where both sides of the story would be handy. Here it is. I'm glad yall are hear.