View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JenT1968

last year I got a huge bunch of roses, some exensive lingerie (2 sizes too small) a card, a print of a rose, I had told him on the 6th? that I couldn't live with him and his drinking anymore. He was angry and upset that I couldn't wait until after Valentine's day, so that we could have a "nice" Valentine's day "together". he couldn't get that waiting and pretending wouldn't make it "nice" or at all "together".

I was so sad and scared and angry.

others have been run-of-the-mill, some nice, and although I love flowers and like getting cards, I've never hung huge significance on it in terms of what it means about my relationship (if in one) or felt very sad about the lack of a partner if not in a relationship.

I have by accident booked to have my hair done on saturday and to have a friend of ds come over to play with him on sunday. I'll cook something lovely for all of us and may treat myself to a new item of clothing in celebration of loosing a whole stone since christmas (yay me, 1 more stone and I'm not overweight anymore and 3 more to go to get back to my slinky pre-children weight).

I buy myself flowers every month (just from the supermarket) because I love them, I'll get some more this weekend.

I may also throw out some more of the horrible clothes that I have apparently been punishing myself with ("I'm not going to spend any money on me until I have lost all the weight I want to, so I'll just grab something shapeless at the supermarket when I'm buying groceries").