View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Soph

Thanks intention, so much, for the words. I take them seriously and appreciate them very much.

Newly sober, yes. I have been completely alcohol-free starting Feb. 1st this month, and before that I had taken alcohol 12 evenings out of a period of 48 evenings, small amounts. My last "drunk" was Dec. 11th, 2009.

I had a physical last week and all my lab work came back good, (hooray) but he did ask me "what are you doing for fun?" and we had a long chat about doing fun things to balance out stress. And sobriety thus far is really stressful for me. Like others have said, I feel like a good friend of mine has left! Have been a bit bereft and down.

I know that I need good daily exercise - to get me sweating and worn out and get those endorphins flowing, and get me so tired that I fall into bed. I know I need that - better than meds. This awful snowy cold weather has not helped!

I am going to look into that book though and I left a msg. for my doctor today so he's calling me back, about the panic attack. I hope I don't have another one but it's good to know what to do with all that adrenaline in there, racing around at all hours of the night! Sheesh!

Grateful for everyone's words.
*Soph*