View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lonelyranger

Well i have had anxiety problems since before i started drinking so i turned to alcohol.
Ive done alot of bad things in my life that the guilt is unbarable, thus leading to depression. So that was another trigger (triggers) for me to start drinking i know what u are saying, and it is the same everyone of those emotions is just another "reason" to drink. i am prescribed xanax for my anxiety. i can control it aslong as i have my meds. I have been sober this time since 1/30/10 before that i was sober for 28 days. But me sitting at home unemployed atm my mind runs rampid. Used to i would stay drunk so long that i never felt any of those emotions because i stayd drunk so i wouldnt have to. now that i am trying to quit for good this time im staying at home i wrecked my car the 29th from drinking with no way of leaving to get a drink hoping that when i get a ride i wont go back to doing the same thing i was. its all about me worrying. Dont get me wrong i enjoyed drinking it was the things i did or the withdrawls i felt the morning after. I would wake up in the morning and start it off with a fifth of ezra shortly after leading to another......My question was in what ways can i stop these triggers before they start. im already feeling guilt it just makes me cringe thinking about all the things i did. I started using meth and coke at an early age i feel it took away all the willpower i had.