Thread: Manipulation
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying2Fly

Manipulation

Feeling sad tonight, and angry. Alcoholic sister wrote me a lot of trash-talking emails (about me and my husband)--all the usual crap, that "we don't understand her", that our relationship with her is a "sham" and she is "beyond hurt by our treatment of her"--to which I did not respond and deleted them.
So then "Jane" decided to contact my mother-in-law via email (whom she's only met once and barely knows anyway); she apparently wrote my mother-in-law a long, rambling drunk email, saying how much me and my husband "hate her" and how she needs to get in contact with me because she has a sickness and "I don't love her enough". The usual blame game. It's everyone else's fault.
My mother-in-law deleted the email and told us she's not getting involved (good decision).
I just feel embarrassed and angry (at Jane) for trying to get to me through my mother-in-law. But I guess alcoholics will try anything, eh?
My parents continue to allow themselves to be manipulated by Jane. They give her money, they're putting her up in a hotel right now because--what a surprise--Jane is homeless and jobless.
So sick of all this crap.
Thanks for listening. Had to rant.