Thread: Since I've Quit
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
joel

Since I've Quit

Well today I had a friend call me up and ask how my trip out of town was going. This friend is the same guy I have know since grade school but for the last few years have only hung out under the influence of alcohol. NE ways he calls me up this morning talking about his night out the night before saying how he got all messed up, drunk and spilling drinks all over the place at the bar, typical sat night for the both of us . I have told this friend several time over the last few weeks I quit drinking but he still insisted on asking me over the phone whether I had any beers the night before, a Saturday night btw. Reluctantly I said no, then he goes on "oh not even one wtf dude" as if I let him down by not drinking, so to shut him up I said "ya I had a few you know just took it easy". I found it quite interesting he had a relieved tone in his voice after I said this as though me drinking again is what he wanted to hear. Another thing thatt has ticked me off since I have quit is friends offering me beers when I go out to lunch with them or whatnot. One friend after telling them I'm done drinking offered me a beer at least 3 more times after I told him I quit. Sometimes I just feel like say "shut the f up, I don't want a beer and I really don't want to be around your drunk ass offering me beers anymore". It's funny because after they know your serious about quitting the calls stop coming as often and there really is no reason to hang out with them, alcohol was the only thing that kept us together and we both know it. Ne ways just kind of venting.