Thread: Son of a B#@%!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

Funny how this stuff works. I didn't plan on this route. I planned on coming to this forum to help newcomers, as I do work the AA program in my everyday life.

oh, but that's the beauty of this forum. you help us, we help you. i see insightful, solid response OFTEN from those who i know are still in the throes of "it" themselves. (myself, i think, one of them!)

Tomorrow I will in the same demeaner tell him that this can't go on, you'll lose your family. I'm going to give you until wendsday to tell me what we both know. You need help. You'll need to go into rehab to detox. You can simply tell me that you're ready to go and you'll go with my unwavering support.

i think this sounds great. it helps to have clarity, and to know ahead of time what you WILL say and what you will not. as a tiny piece of advice: when i have had these little speeches with mine, i have said, if it sounds like he's gonna jump in with a response (translation: denial) i calmly say "i need you to just listen to me first." or i start out the talk with saying that. for us, it always works.

As Sofacat said....I am his universe, I am the enemy. Pretty much polar opposites, but very true. I KNOW I am my AH's universe, but I am his worst enemy when he's addicted.

yep.

and, alizerin, i understand exactly what you mean about "no real behaviors". but that "no one home" thing is something you CAN choose not to live with. and you have.
i wish you the best. and i'm not bored or particularly wonderful. we get to caring about people here cuz we know they are real people with real troubles that we understand.