Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Well here we are back at something we've discussed numerous times on this forum: what exactly is an addiction? We don't have a definition, so we don't know how to classify different behaviors. Not that I necessarily want another discussion of that right now! lol

Here are some random musings, not exactly an opinion on the subject but take from it what you will:

I am addicted to drugs but when I did them it didn't directly harm anyone else (yes, I know I did a lot of sh!tty things to people because of my drug use, and I probably deserve a punishment commensurate with those actions but they are side issues caused by my drug use, not the drug use itself). When someone rapes or murders another person they obviously directly harm them. Is rape or murder an addiction? Who cares; lock 'em up. And I'd say the same about, say, a meth addict who beats someone up and steals their wallet to get drug money.

These toads are awesome. I've had these critters for 3 days now and I just love them. It's good to be responsible for these little guys. Everything I do is for myself, I'm not really responsible to anyone. If I fail a class or fall behind on my thesis work no one comes and yells at me (though my funding could be pulled. Don't want that to happen). But if I'm late getting crickets into the toad cage I hear about it. *Chirp chirp chirp. Where's breakfast?* Structure is good for me.