View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
runnerjc

Going strong!!!!

Well I will start with the addiction I have and why I am getting off the medication. I am on Xanax and have been for 3 and a half years. I tried a year ago and suceeded going down from 2 mg a day to 1mg. Wasn't that hard doing it slowly. Then suddenly on May 1st my father committed suicide and I was occasionally back at 2 and weening mysekf to 1.5mg. I had noticed the xanax quit working as well and I knew I would have to take more to get the same affect. I did not want to do that and purchased a natural program to get off. It didn't work and I had a bad panic attack. I don't believe it was the natural medicines I believe it was me not dealing with the shock pain guilt and loss I was feeling internally. Well I stayed at 1.5mg for 3 months and as of last January found out I was pregnant. (not planned) I was excited at first then started to realize I couldn't be on this med anymore. I panicked again and have since Jan 9th decreasing the dosage of the meds with my doctors help. I know I am not on much, but it is still tough and the withdraw symptoms are getting a bit stronger. I feel Like I have bad Flu and want to sleep all the time but can't. I am painfully down to .5 mg a day and feeling bad. Yesterday I tried to go to detox at the hospital and they wanted to put me on Klonepin which is also a class D pregnancy drug like xanax. I was not okay with this. Trade one addiction for another? Also I was more scared to be there than to be surrounded by loved ones who are a great support to the cause. Even my boss is being understanding. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has been through this and can offer some advice. I have had a tough time with day to day life because of the withdraw symptoms I have to make myself leave the house, and the pregnancy symptoms make me sick too. I have morning sickness everyday. I know I can do this I am strong and have conquered trials before also it is worth it for my child. i have a plan though and I believe I can do it with the help of my family. I am going to go off the med next thursday as I ween down more and go to my sisters hand her the meds and tell her to not give me one. Please pray for me to have minimal trouble with this and come out okay including my unborn child.