View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Anodyne

I wouldn't call it stupid at all. Addiction of any kind is cunning, and we come up with all sorts of reasons to justify putting off quitting, or to make our use the result of something other than our own addiction.

Waiting for someone 'good enough' or 'that perfect person' to come along and THEN you will quit sounds an awful lot like "I'll drink/use this one time, or for this one event, or until this date, THEN stop."

You might want to think about: What kind of person/personality gets involved with a using addict? Will someone who is 'perfect' for you now be perfect for you when you are clean and sober for a year or two, and so much has changed inside of you, or will you end up seeing them differently and using that as an excuse, that another one was 'not good enough' and using?

Ultimately there are many things that give people that oomph to begin their recovery, and loved ones certainly can be that catalyst. But people rarely, if ever, in my experience, get clean or sober for anyone else, it ultimately has to be for you and you alone.

Just my opinions and things you might want to ponder.

I hope you find peace from crystal, and keep coming back (: