View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bluegrl

Really Ridiculous Reasons

I am within the ups and downs of recovery where I know I hate it, find no more fun and satisfaction doing it, and am actually starting to those closest to me about this secret I kept so well for so long. But here's my ultimate

I know I'm lying to myself but...I keep thinking that if I meet the perfect person I will seriously quit crystal for good. Because I think about my future everyday, a future that involves never having to see or be near that dirt ever again. I've been in a few relationships since I started using (5 yrs ago) all of which never required me to reveal my one utterly shameful secret and my excuse was that none of them were "worth" quitting for. If I found out they were a drug user, I was turned off and basically ran the other way. How ironic does that sound? And wickedly hypocritical yes I know.

Don't say the obvious, of course I know this is stupid, but there are a lot of you, women especially, who have quit because of love or at the least it was a big reason why you had the strength to harness the addiction. I just want to know those experiences because they give hope, not judgement.