View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JenT1968

I don't know how to feel about this...
this just struck me, because of where I am at the moment, and what I've been working on.

do you mean this? or do you mean you are unsure of how you feel, or have mixed emotions and/or are unsure what to do about it.

I'm told there is no right or wrong way to feel about a situation, and you can't choose it, you feel what you feel. You can decide how to approach a situation and over time, by examining thoughts and feelings and training your self to think in certain ways you can start to influence how you feel about situations when they occur.

If you feel uneasy about the behaviour of others, then limit your time with them, completely if necessary. You don't have to be "fair" to them, it doesn't matter if every other single person in the universe would see their behaviour as ok, if you are uncomfortable around it you are the only one who has to live inside you.

The caveat to that is that I try to do a cost/benefit analysis on situations where I am uncomfortable to make sure that I am not losing more than I am gaining by removing myself, otherwise I (not saying this applies to you, or this situation) can end up isolating and limiting my life in an unhelpful way.

FWIW I ahve no problem with alcohol, in me or others, I am not particularly fond of lots of drunk people if I am stone cold sober, there are some people (mostly big, tall men) though who start to drink and exhibit some behaviours (almost all of which remind me of H) and I begin to feel uncomfortable, anxious, so I remove myself. No big deal, and if they remember (LOL) they can draw whatever conclusions they want from that.