View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Cowgirl1265

I value blunt honesty from people, and one of the reasons that I like SR is because if I post a question about something that I'm dealing with I'm very likely to get a truly honest answer from someone who's already lived through this.

Sugar coating or tiptoing around codependency, alcoholism, addiction or mental health issues helps NO ONE. As an ACOA I spent a lifetime trying to help my parents avoid discussing anything too close to home, and I find the willingness of people on this forum to tackle "delicate" subjects head-on refreshing.

I don't comment on a lot of posts anymore because I lack the patience at times to try and figure out how to say things nicely. I see people post about stuff that just screams out to me to say in response "Why the HELL are you letting yourself be TREATED THAT WAY?????" or "Why on earth would you DO that?" And I don't write anything because I can't find the nice way to say it. So I appreciate the people who take the time to frame a response.

People like to be liked. I want people to like me. But when I come here, I'd rather people share their truth so that I can help myself get well. Here, it ain't about bein' liked.