Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Exhibition

Hello

Hi,

So I decided to find a site today because I have found that my life is quickly slipping out of my control and that if I am not an alcoholic, I am certainly headed down that path. And, I want help and support so I am glad that this is here.

Let me give you a bit of an introduction. I am 21 years old and a college student. Last semester, I was studying abroad in Japan for what was supposed to be a year but got cut short to just four months. I had to leave because I was a victim of a sexual crime (which I read I should not go into here, but thank you so much for linking me to Pandora's Aquarium).

Towards the end of the trip is when my drinking started hard, to the points where I would not remember lots of what I did. When I got home, I started drinking alone and the quantities increased. I have only been home a month, but I decided I need help.

My problem with alcohol, originally, was binge drinking. I was never happy with one glass, I always needed more. And then the drinking alone started, which I feel, is an entirely different issue.

Well thank you for this site, I am very glad that I found it.

Ex