View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HideorSeek

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Steam)))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

It's so great to hear that you are doing well! And you reminded me of the sense of peace I feel. At first, I felt a sense of resignation, but it has morphed into serenity (at least, so far).

I've brought this up b4 (and we're sort of switching focus, which is fine), but there are real parallels between Kubler-Ross's description of the dying/grieving process and what I feel I have gone through...

Denial>Anger>Bargaining>Depression>Acceptance

After Acceptance, comes the work: persistence, as you say. This is particularly tough for me (again, as I have said b4) because I'm much more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. That worries me that I will lose momentum, which leads back to another poster's comments about roller skating uphill....no resting possible, lest we start to slide backwards.

Anyways, I am thrilled that you feel a sense of peace. I think that getting to that stage (acceptance) is more than half the battle. It puts to rest that "this time...." option.