View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bookwyrm
Curled up in a good book...

I'm not a frequent poster. I usually only post when something strikes a chord with me. I do try to moderate my tone sometimes - other times I just get carried away and post without thinking! Slipping into codie ways by reacting rather than acting... I'm still trying to find my own 'voice' here too.

I love the mix of 'voices' on this forum. The lack of BS ones appeal to me most - I think because XAH used so much BS on me that hearing the plain, unvarnished truth/opinion here is like a breath of fresh air! After being with a controlling, passive aggressive XAH for 18 years, this space where you can voice your thoughts and feelings and be 'heard' was a life line - stopped me thinking I was going crazy and gave me validation all in one. If I had to second guess all possible reactions to anything I post here, it would be way too much like being with XAH again and would drive me up the wall! Hard headed posters have my admiration - I would love to be able to speak my mind so clearly and be able to handle the negativity they get for speaking their truths. This is something I'm trying to learn for myself - to be more confident, assertive and less of a people pleaser. I have my pick of role models here!