View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post

I'm one of those gals who makes a habit of backing up a negative with three positives. "Sure, your life is a complete disaster, but your grammar and storytelling technique are fabulous." I do it even though I know the more critical points get overshadowed much of the time.
Alice ~ your posts are usually helpful (1 positive). I like your avatar (2). I can totally relate to the not valuing our own opinions part (3). OK now for the one negative.....wait....I don't have a negative

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies:

"There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

I say this because I believe many of us think we know the best thing to do for ourselves...we're not all ready to walk the path yet....we just haven't taken that big step yet. Many are taking small steps - others take bigger ones. Some need to. Others don't know where to turn....coming here is a beginning to finding some of those answers.

Still, there are those who find their own paths and end up just fine too. For this reason I prefer to share mostly my ES&H. I also try to catch the tone of the post and keep to the topic - even though I might "see" something I don't always say. In my effort to NOT be a judgmental control freak, I've been working on "where I end and others begin." For me, I knew what I thought the right thing was - yet, no matter what anyone told me then, I still did what I did. I needed to find my own way. And more than a year later, I am in a totally different (and better) place.

The good thing about SR is there are many of us here with different styles and things to offer. I appreciate SR and the variety of thoughts/experiences/and love that is shared.