View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ANDE5664
Paused

Thank you all

Your words of encouragement were much appreciated....that call from Rachelle was one of those little coincidences that are occuring in my life so frequently these days. Today is "bring your kids to work day" and children are in abundance around here. Rachelle's call helped me be prepared for today and enjoy the wonder of children visiting the offices here. There will be over 250 children here today.

I went to my regular Tues. night Alanon meeting last evening and lo-and-behold I was asked to chair the evenings meeting. We had a newcomer and the meeting just developed into such a wonderful meeting, one of those meetings that you just walk out with a buzz. The buzz that comes from just being a small part of something greater than ourselves. One of our newer members, Tiffany, who until last night was unable to share because she would just cry if she tried was there. Tiffany delivered one of the most powerful messages of hope I have heard in quite awhile, the unsuspecting newcomer just sat spellbound. The amazing thing is Tiffany started with tears of grattitude and ended with sounds of laughter through the tears.

I myself had tears in my eyes while laughing with the rest of the group and something happened one of those moments arrived like a dawning. Or a pop. There was a rush of tears, an exclamation, then a slow grin... but there was no doubt about the reality of a epiphany of sorts a spontaneous emotional healing.

I am so grateful to Alanon and A.A. which has taught me to witness the coincidences. The coincidence of the variety: I have come to believe are nothing short of small miracles of God which He has not put His autograph on.

Once again may peace find each of you for your responses brought the peace of mind to me this wonderful morning.

Roger