Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
augustwest
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by AlonebutHopeful View Post
I cannot, in a million years, be able to express my gratitude for everyone's thoughtful, meaningful replies. Never did I think that an online board about recovery could hold such introspective, caring and sensitive people. I obviously had a lot of preconceived judgments. . . as I do about meetings. I can only hope I find a meeting in my town that comes close to the people I have found here.

Thank you.
You're very welcome. It is my pleasure and honor to share and care about my fellows. I leave you with two important passages from the NA basic text that eloquently outline that which you reference above.

The newcomer is the most important person at any
meeting, because we can only keep what we have by giving it away

There is one thing more than anything else that will defeat us in our recovery; this is an
attitude of indifference or intolerance toward spiritual principles. Three of these that are
indispensable are honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness. With these we are well on our
way.

There's so much more that i could say, but i have work to do and it is best learned by the newcomer through the experience of the fellowship. As it says in the basic text, more will be revealed...

Namaste