Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

This amazes me: I drank so much that even after quite a while without alcohol I feel this sort of entitlement to it. I had a take-home exam that I just finished. It's not due until Friday but I had some spare time. Now that I'm done with it I feel like I've earned a beer. Mind you, this feeling comes with any minor accomplishment. Even when I've been a slacker for a week and half my to-do list remains undone if I do one thing off it I feel like I should get to "celebrate." Basically I felt like I needed an excuse to drink so any little thing would do, even if it was the fact that I went to class that day. And of course when I didn't make it to class I'd feel bad about it and that was also an excuse to drink. And then go get some dope.

One of my drug buddies is in the class and is trying to get me to take his exam for him. But he's always mean to me unless he wants something, then he calls to apologize and ask a favor. I don't answer his calls any more. Besides, we had strict instructions to consult any resource we want--properly cited-- except other students. Not that I've always paid attention to such rules--ya do what you need to get by when you're more interested in drugs than class, after all-- but occasionally you can use the rules to your advantage.

Though I'll admit it would be fun to charge him $200 cash and then write whatever I please, regardless of how correct it is. It might be fun to try out some new geological hypotheses, right? LOL.