Old 02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Cowgirl1265

Originally Posted by pitario View Post
Oh there is a lot more to this story. He has told me there is more but isn't ready to tell yet. Another red flag - I need the entire story so I can make an honest decision. If he can't tell me for fear of me leaving, or whatever reason he has, it blew up in his face because I'm gone anyway.
Just curious, you say you "need the entire story." How will that change his behavior?

Do you want a relationship with this man, exactly the way he is RIGHT NOW? Because you did not cause his drinking. You can't control it. You can't cure it. Assume that he will always be just the way he is at this moment and then ask yourself why you are equivocating. You deserve a healthy relationship with a loving, caring, responsible person who treats you as well as you treat them. Your daughter needs you to model that women have self esteem and that they do not accept poor treatment from men.

From your descriptions, there is nothing about this man that is healthy, happy, or good for you and your daughter. He sounds like a total sponge, living off of his parents and you, contributing nothing and making everybody else the bad guy. I think you will be better off without him.

Seconding the suggestions to go to Al-Anon. Explore why you have allowed someone to treat you this way at all.