Old 02-02-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bubblebum59

Exclamation Seeking Info on Rehab's in Oregon or Idaho

Hi all,

I am a recovering drug addict myself...i have been clean for over a year and doing very well. The passage of time, keeping myself busy, finding my passion in my life's work, finding my spriituality, and only surrounding myself with positive people has made the difference for me.

But the main reason I found this forum and needed to post is not for me but for my son. He is 22 years old and has been addicted to oxycontin for several years now and just recently has begun shooting up heroin when he is out of the oxycontin. He has been suicidal as well, and had overdosed at least twice that I am aware of.

Right now he is in jail but will be out in less than a week. He says he wants to go to rehab when he is released...the problem is, there are SO very many of them to choose from! His dad and I are trying to find the best one for his needs. One that specializes in Oxycontin/prescription drugs and opiates. We have insurance but as you know it only covers so much, so we hope to find one that isn't too expensive either. We think he would benefit from one that offers some nature/outdoors type of theme and out of the city. I know that being out in nature was very healing to my own recovery.

We would like to find something in either Oregon State or Idaho...could someone suggest a rehab facility in either of these states? And please reply soon, we are hoping to get him in ASAP!

Thank you,
Bubblebum59