Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
StillLearning1

Callie,
I'm grateful for the people I have had in my life, that had the courage to be honest with me. Tell me, what I needed to hear. Not what I wanted to hear.

There was talk of bringing him back home (with me). I said no. MIL wants him out of her house and thought it wise to bring him back home. Yes, she is that dumb. Just wants him off of her doorstep. She won't put him out on the street, but she'll put him back in my home to deal with.
Don't you think, she could think the same about you?

But even more confusing. From what you have said before. You and your husband own the home and your MIL is renting it from you? Legally she has no more right than you do, to tell her son, and your husband to leave. His name is on that mortgage. Just as it is on yours.

Personally, I would try to find a way, to get my name off that mortgage. Possibly your MIL's credit has changed and she can now qualify for a mortgage on her own. Then she can legally tell her son, to leave. She sounds like she is inbetween a rock and a hard place.

And if it gets much worse. She may decide to just leave and rent elsewhere. That would put you into an even tougher spot. You would lose not just the mortgage.. but utilities. Have to maintain another home on your own. Is your attorney aware of that?

But it just sounds like everyone is playing the hot potato game. Callie should. Mom should. Dad should. He is an adult. Not a child.

As for all these things everyone thinks should happen.
I'm sorry, but I am not at all surprised. Laws really only work, when people respect them. Your husband doesn't. And no, sorry but the legal system is full of flaws.

Your husband appears to know all about those.
I'm sure the people he is spending his time with, and talking to do.

Sorry, I hope I am wrong here. I hope your husband is different. But a guy who will put his mom on the street, basically? I just wouldn't expect much from him.