Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Callie

Wait, wait! lol

The whole 'buying him a car if he completes rehab' is being blown out of proportion. Maybe I worded it wrong.

He IS entitled to assets from the marriage. I have spoken with 4 lawyers RE; this. I did factor the 401k that's gone etc. etc. The car was a suggestion from the lawyer. IF I don't get him to agree to anything in the divorce, he COULD drag this out for up to 2 years. He could have my home sold, rentals sold etc. I could lose ALOT. More than I already have. The car thing was an 'enticement' to just walk away and end the marriage instead of fighting me on it.

As far as the rehab being a stint to get out of time? Yep, I know it is. He knows he needs help again, but he's definately doing it in hopes of them being more lenient on him.

SIL called me last night and it was a mess again. I stayed out of it, but Aunt, BIL, SIL, MIL and Uncle all ran some druggies out of MIL's house and waited for AH to get there. He'd taken off on foot. I guess he was really bad. I'm glad they were able to see what I've been dealing with. There was talk of bringing him back home (with me). I said no. MIL wants him out of her house and thought it wise to bring him back home. Yes, she is that dumb. Just wants him off of her doorstep. She won't put him out on the street, but she'll put him back in my home to deal with. So far he's abided by my wishes to not be here.