View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Great question. This is one I learned the hard way on.

Recovery first time round from me was from compulsive overeating (specificially my carbohydrate addiction) but I continued to drink alcohol, because I didn't think I was an alcoholic and more importantly because "I had given up enough" ....."the alcohol is my little treat" ......"it's mine, you (God) cannot have it"

Well I had recovery and it was great. I abstained from my addiction, my health got better, I was happier (before the alcohol got real bad)..........But now I have given up the alcohol and I can now see that I was missing out on so much by clinging to something which I thought was my right, justified because I had given up so much. Recovery this time round has sent me into a whole new dimension!

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of working these steps , we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

I have emphasised the last part of the step. If we are practising these principles in all our affairs, how can we be putting something harmful in our bodies or carrying out behaviour which is harmful? This is not God's will.

From the book Being in Balance by Dr Wayne W Dyer

Your Source doesn't create from toxicity. It doesn't fill your veins or your stomach or any part of you with poison or excess. It creates from wellbeing, balance and effortless perfection.