Thread: One Month
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEJeeper

One Month

My last day drinking was 12/26/2009. I was arrested for a DUI as I slept in my car with my keys in my pocket. I realized I had to make a change and began going to AA within a week and half. During the week and a half I went through some aws and could hardly eat or sleep. It was the worst week of my life I think.

But I have been doing well going to AA every day(except sundays as there aren't any nearby meetings) and 3-4 days a week I go to two meetings. I have been doing very well in my sobriety and have a sponsor now. I feel better in some ways than I have in YEARS.

But tomorrow I go to court for my preliminary hearing. I am sort of terrified. I am trying to take life on life's terms but this is tough. I am supposed to get my BS in a science field in May so this DUI has ruined my life for the time being. I live with my parents and I told them I am going to AA and am an alcoholic and they are very supportive. I did not tell them about the DUI yet, but I think I have to tell them tomorrow. I do not see the preliminary hearing turning out in my favor.

I don't know how to tell them about this, I am calling my sponsor tomorrow to talk to him after court. This really sucks. They are going to be so disappointed in my when I tell them. I am facing losing my license for 12-18 months and maybe even doing 60-90 days in jail. I have never been to jail before. I am just really freaking out about this and would love some prayers thrown my way for this to work out as God wills it.