Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
humblestudent

Thanks everyone - especially Ago, for being honest in your answers. I do appreciate the reality check. And I do realize that when I get angry because I'm not getting what I want, it's a bit tantrum like (if only in my head).

You're all correct - no one but an alcoholic/addict truly understands what a monumental effort it is to put the drink/doc down - forever. And they don't want to hear about it. Years and years ago, when I watched my mother go through rehab at 15 (though I didn't really know her/raised by others - long story), I was so angry at her, and just did not have the first concept about what addiction was. I just thought to myself, "Just don't drink...! How hard is that?? And I think that perhaps that line of thinking is what normies must think?

No matter how he reacts, or doesn't, I have to keep the focus on me, my behavior and my continued progress.

I do have to say though, that other than the hesitance on the 'atta' girls, just about everything else about our relating has improved. Greatly. And he does agree on that.

Thanks again.