Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I have to say that I'm not one bit surprised that he took it. When an addict is in as deep as he is, nothing is off limits. If there was a check lying around for one of the kids he'd convince himself that because the child it was meant for was 1/2 his so he's entitled to it. Us addicts have very sick minds when we're deep in our addiction, we go to any length to get our drugs.

It's time to talk to the insurance agent and tell them to not mail anything to your home, don't give him any checks, nothing. How did he get it anyway? And Janet is right, the kids game systems are next, your tv's could be gone any day now, jewelry is one of the first things he'll look for to pawn. Absolutely nothing is off limits. In his mind, he feels that he's entitled to it. If you haven't changed all the locks yet, now is the time. He's going to blow through that money very fast and then he's really going to go to any length to get more money to keep that high going. If he's been on Xanax for awhile, even a day without them will cause him to start going through withdrawls. And he's going to make sure that doesn't happen.

It's time to put on the boxing gloves and come out swinging. If you two become legally seperated, in the eyes of the Court will that keep him from having access to your house?

I don't know what else to say Sweetie except I'm here for you and as always, praying for an end to this nightmare very soon.

God Bless,
Judy