View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

He may blame you for all his ills. At the very least he's focusing on you and your faults rather than his own and both sides do it.

It's the same for me in that for the first eight years of my relationship with XABF I Googled alot about how to interest him romantically, his loss of libido, his drinking issues, what men find desirable in a woman, even how to cook that perfect pot roast. Him, him, him.

Finally when I got sick of being a morbidly obese smoker who took better care of the household garbage than I did myself, I started Googling about setting goals to eat better, live better, quit smoking, exercise, and what boosted my libido instead of his. Me, me, me.

As I started to make changes in myself physically I started looking into my emotional health and how to cope in life (instead of how to help him cope with me). That led me here, lwhich ed me to Al-Anon, and which led me to my new happier and healthier life.

I know it hurts to read those things. Just as it would hurt and anger him to read on the screen if you search about his addiction and related behaviors.

Until you both shift your focus on your own selves and work on your own recovery independently, you will continue to hurt one another.

I offer you hugs. You'll get past this, I have faith you will.

Alice