Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Callie

His family knows he has a problem yet are ringing your phone off the hook? Looks like maybe a gossip circle is going to start.

Oh, you have NO idea. I usually do NOT answer the phone when his aunts or even MIL call. They do love him, but just want the low down. I have always distanced myself from them in that respect. His family gives a phone company a run for their $ when some piece of gossip just NEEDS to be spread. I started out my day just fine and a single phone call started a flurry. 3.5 hours later I was still dealing with it. Everything from what do we need need to do to help, what should we do, he called xyz and needs $1200, he tried to borrow $150 from so and so, so and so just drove by MIL's house, there's a pontiac grand am there, whose is it? Blah, blah, blah.

By the time I got the kids off the bus I was exhausted. I ended up doing not much of anything except laying in bed and catching up on desperate housewive's that have been tivo'd!

Then right before bed AH txts me and wonders why everyone is freaking out? His phone has been ringing off the hook from SIL, MIL, Aunts, Uncles etc. What is their problem he says? Uh - YOU are. You're taking too much methadone and getting hopped up on Xanax. YOU called your aunt acting 'fearful and needed $1200 because someone was coming to collect'.

No I don't believe anything that he says for the most part. MIL is staying with SIL because both of them do not believe that MIL is strong enough to tell him no. Both of them know that he will have her broke and take her car. But yes, he does have free reign in the house. It's been that way for a month.

AH is going to end up getting his butt thrown in jail. He's doing NOT GOOD things. He thinks he's invincible. He is very cunning AND very connected. Everyone has warned him when he throws XANAX in this mix he loses his mind, becomes a careless, sloppy dopehead. I don't want him to be in jail @ all, but the rate he's going it's likely and possibly the only thing that will dry him out.

Today my dd has FINALLY decided that she wants her ears pierced. She's 9. About 3 years ago she asked if it hurt. I wasn't going to lie so I said yes, a little. Explained that it was like a shot or like if I pinched her hard. It would hurt for a few seconds and then sting a little after. Well, after I told her that there was ABSOLUTELY no talking her into getting it done. Finally about 3 days ago she came up to me teary eyed and said 'mom, can I talk to you' I said sure. 'I'm finally ready to get my ears pierced' (through the tears). I said you don't have to until you're ready - I'm ready she said. Soooo kids and I, mom and dad, My sister, BIL and 2 nephews and DD's BFF are ALL going with her (her choice - I think it's a bit dramatic but hey she's thought long and hard about it) to get her ears pierced. I pray that I don't have to hog tie her through it when we actually get to the store! J/K.

Judy - what a beautiful post. You've pegged exactly everything that's going on. Everything. I don't know what I would have done without being able to talk to you through this. Pm'ing you.

Have a great day everyone.