View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Originally Posted by Mlewis904 View Post
He doesn't DO anything anymore except drink and play video games! He won't help me with ANYTYHING!
Yep, that was mine. I watched him *do nothing* for 5 years. Well, that's not true; he finished a whole bunch of useless videogames. Makes a great epitath don't you think?

"Here rests C, 1976-2010, Loved his beer and his PS3"

Why do I always come back?

Everytime I leave I worry about him. How is he going to get the bills paid, is he alive...etc...so I come back to take care of him for some reason. Well that reason used to be love, but now I'm not even sure...
Because as much as he is addicted to his alcohol, you are addicted to him. He is your fix, your drug of choice, so you can feel good/useful/needed. You'll probably need to figure out a strategy to wean yourself out of the habit of "saving" him (i.e. go no contact, if at all possible).

How do I leave?
You leave when you are ready, when you've had enough, and when it's plainly obvious to you that staying with him is far worse than leaving him. The *how* will slowly fall into place once the decision is made. Until then, we're here for you