View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kitty
Paused

Lightbulb My Mother My Strength

This past weekend ,my mother was here( she lives over five hours from me) and my "A" could have not been worse. My Mother never knew till this weekend that he drank or that we had a REAL problem here. My Mom and I have not really been that close over the years and she is very ill. By the grace of God she is still alive. She still has a ton of spunk and not afraid to speak her mind which she did do too! : ) Anyway, today I was seeing my counselor and I had a real eye opening experience with him. I realized it was my Mom's support over the past week that finally made me decide to make some constructive moves in my life. Just about all of my family is gone is gone, dad, grandparents no cousins and my sisters live far away. But having my Mom here to stand up fopr me and validate my feelings, see my A in full action made me feel sane again. I have a whole new sense of strength.
I am not sure why this has taken place...but I have to say I feel good about it!
I have that appointment on Tuesday with the atty. and I feel stronger than ever about my life and what I want to do.
Love Kitty