Thread: 17 hours sober
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Congrats on 17 hours!!! You will be 1 day down in a a few hours. I agree that you should go to the Dr. as it is best to know how your health is. I am 36 and had elevated liver enzymes on and off for the past few years. Had every test done short of a liver biopsy but of course I was a daily drinker and that was part of the reason my numbers were elevated. My doctor said that if I had alcohol in my system say 3 days or so that it would easily raise my levels. Since I am not 8 days sober....I am making that appointment and retested. They rose when I was trashed and lowered when I slowed down the booze. Make an appointment and definitely get checked out. This also helped me see what I was doing to my body.

As far as natural supplements, I do the multi-vitamin, thiamine (B1) and vitamin D. The thiamine is brutal on the skin though since my face has more acne then I have since I was 13....haha. It is the essential vitamin for recovery since the use and past use of alcohol essentially robs the body of this vitamin necessary for the central nervous system. I eat plenty of veggies and healthy food since I remember to eat now that my stomach is full of booze anymore.

God Bless