Thread: powerless
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Emeraldstorm

Thank you guys soo much for the advice!

I know people say you can't change an alcoholic, but I figured that if we moved it might work..I was just wondering if it worked for anyone else..

The kids are his dad's responsibility, but his dad had dementia and needs more help than Cory. I love Cory so much and I hate to see him stressed out like this...

Not only does he have to worry about his younger siblings, he has to worry about his dad who is sick, and his mom who is STILL an alcoholic and calls the house every time her husband beats her! It's CRAZINESS!

How can a mother do this to her children! Cory remembers being 11 years old and coming home (after drinking and smoking w/ friends, because he mom was at the bar while his dad was in the NAVY) and seeing his infant brother laying in his dirty dipper with no adult to be found. He has been so overprotective of his family...even though they all use him and treat him like ****!

He has so much potential! He is VERY smart, a genius of music....it's just so sad...he is my best friend in the whole world...but he does hurt me...

Ugh I wish circumstances were different...i can't believe the person that created him is the person that ultimately killed him...if his mother acted like a normal person none of this would have happened....