View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
AaronK

Day 16 for me. My wife and I took my mother-in-law and step father-in-law to a fancy dinner. It was a high end wear your suit restaurant. I knew a lot of wine and drinks would be served so I came clean to my wife about my decision and what i'm doing about it. I told her about you guys being my group. She was so happy and excited for me. I'm not telling her family...they are too hypocritical and thats the last thing I need to deal with.

We decided that I would be the DD for dinner and they could drink all they wanted. I never noticed before(because I would already be toasted before dinner) how much drinks are pushed at you. Mother in Law kept pushing them at me/waiters kept coming at me with a bottle and I would have to wave them off/drinks on the house for her birthday.

What was cool is I drank water and really didn't care. My wife kept looking at me and I would tell her to enjoy herself, I was having a good time....I really was. It was funny watching three intelligent people get buzzed and the conversations they had....I laughed a lot at their expense.

I'm loving this!