Thread: I need you guys
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Elsie

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
How are you today Elsie?
I'm ok...ABF and I exchanged a couple emails last night.....his reply confused me.

Here's what I said
"I'm here now!(He was emailing asking where I was, that he wanted to talk) Was just doing my nightly routine. I was also reading a bit from a book I have. I read your email asking me to help support you in your sobriety. From everything I've read, I realize and must tell you, that I cannot be your only means of support to get you through those difficult times. You know in your heart that I fully support your choice and I'm proud of you for it. But I cannot be there to support you and "talk you down" or offer advice should you feel the urge to drink. Now...I'm not certain that's what you meant, but that's how it came across. It also came across as a bit of a guilt trip, as in "Stay with me and help me through this because if you leave I'll start drinking again" and that's not fair at all. So....to be clear, can you please explain what you meant in that email?"

And here's his reply
"Nothing. You are talking like you have already broken up with me but just haven't either told me or you are just waiting for me to figure it out. I will never drink again either with or without you and that is that. There is no guilt trip, the fact I like being with you would make most happy. I want your support in other ways like emotional comfort but....well, but. I am not a page in a book. I made a decision and that is that."

??? I dunno what to make of that. The only thing I get from it is pouting and immaturity.
Which reminds me of this past weekend, he was over, asked me to get him something and I said I couldn't, he should get it. He said his legs were sore and he didn't want to get up, it became a little tiff and he said that I always get stuff for the kids, so why wouldn't I get it for him.
He's got that "King Baby" thing down to a T!!