View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
starrynite

my daughter is angry

My daughter is having dreams in which she's fighting, the sheets are torn off the bed each morning and the other night she scratched up her hands somehow while she was asleep. When she discussed it with me I told her it sounds like she's angry and all of the feelings she's been stuffing inside herself for years are starting to surface. She said that her best friend concurred. (Always nice when mom's wisdom is reinforced by the pre-teen friend. )

Last night we started reading "Alateen: Hope for children of alcoholics". I'm adding the words addiction and drugs. We also started their One day at a time book. I'm lucky in that she's talking to me about her feelings although she gets upset if I point out ways her behavior can change in regard to the situation. But I think for the most part she's listening and thinking about it. And we've made a lot of progress... I think. She still has to live with and learn to accept the fact that my exah is inconsistent and may or may not show up...that at this point she is more mature and able to make better decisions than he is. And that her little brother is confused and she's the person he's running to when things don't make sense and he needs advice.

Any other resources or advice from folks who've lived the life my kids are living?
Thanks!