Thread: powerless
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wicked

Originally Posted by Mlewis904 View Post
They totally not my children, although I've been taking on the mother role for the past 5 years and my boyfriend has taken on the role of father when his family got taken away from his parents....
You have been in a mother role, and Cory has been in a father role, who is actually parenting these children? Surely, there was some paperwork involved when his family was taken from his parents? Legal guardianship? Something like this?

They aren't his responsibility...he's so young, he's only 22...can't he change?
Okay, if the children are not his responsibility, then whose responsibility are they? Of course, he can change, I changed, I stopped drinking after 20 years, so anyone can change. He has to want to change.

Everyday it's a quart of hard liquor and a 12 pack, even though we have no money for food...
This amount of alcohol is a big problem MLewis, and if he his buying alcohol instead of food, it makes it a bigger problem.

He says this will change if he moves, because he wont be a 22 year old trying to raise kids that are almost his age. They are getting into bad things as well and it is causing him to drink even more...
He says he will change his drinking habits if he moves? A quart and a 12 pack will be hard to change, and a move usually doesn't change anything. I moved nearly 20 times in my life, never changed my drinking habits. How could he possibly be trying to raise kids he is not responsible for if he drinks so much? What is he doing NOW to change what is happening NOW?
More importantly, what is happening to YOU NOW? What about today, and tomorrow for you?

I feel like getting out of this will help him quit drinking, but I'm SO afraid to move, even though I HATE living here!

You are afraid to move, but hate living there? What is the best thing for MLewis to do? If you move and bring Cory with you, why do you feel it will help him quit drinking? Does he want to quit drinking? Do either one of you see it as a serious problem?
Please look into AlAnon for yourself MLewis. I think you need help.