View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR PartyofOne.

Recovery is far from an easy road to take in early recovery.

I have been sober for almost 3 1/2 years thanks to my HP, the program of AA & the fellowship of AA. In AA it is a suggestion that one avoids any major changes UNLESS the changes are going to HELP one focus on thier recovery....... this includes new relationships.

I am VERY thankful that I was already married when I got sober, when I got sober my marriage was all but over with due to my drinking so I knew that I had to focus solely on my recovery, not my marriage or seeking out other companionship!

I knew that if I did not recover and stay sober my marriage was OVER!

I told my wife that my sobriety came first & it is going to have to stay that way...... her reply???? "We will see."

I can tell you what I did to save my marriage. I worked strictly on my recovery, I stayed sober no matter what!

In my short time I have seen in AA far more people in early sobriety who decided that a NEW welationship was more important then thier own sobriety wind up relapsing.

No it is not 100%, but pretty darn close.

The best advice I can give at this moment..................... NO MATTER WHAT keep your recovery as your priority #1.

You can not keep him clean & sober any more then he can keep you clean and sober!

If I had a boat anchor around my neck in the middle of the Atlantic that I was in love with, but if I held on to it I was going to drown, I wold let it go and live.