Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wytchy

Originally Posted by intention View Post
That's good you are going to stay here. Have you ever thought about AA, NA....would you consider it?
Hi there Intention!

Yes. When I was able to stop drinking for 14 months straight, I was attending AA meetings.

I am not intending to denigrate AA by any means. I had a home group in my town I regularly attended (as in every day). Maybe it was just my home group, but I got burned out. It was a large meeting, but no matter which table I sat at, there was always ONE person who led the table and several other people at all tables who just repeated their same stories day after day.

It got tiresome hearing the same people say exactly the same thing they said every single day at every single meeting. I live in a small town so there were only two other meetings to choose from. I did give the other two meetings a try, but honestly (not making excuses) it was the same thing.

After 14 months of sobriety I decided I could go it alone. I was wrong but now there's only one meeting in my little town and it is my original home group. That's the meeting where just a handful of people repeated themselves (verbatim) day after day.

My car isn't mechanically sound to get myself to any meeting out of town. That's why I was happy to find this online group.